Monday 29 October 2012

BEST PRODUCTS FOR A CAT EYES EFFECT



























If you are wanting to achieve that full-flutter eye lash, with a strong flicked eyeliner, then these are the products to use.

1. Maybelline Great Lash Mascara in Blackest Black - Divine. DIVINE. I just adore this mascara! I have been using it since I was at high school - in the days where I would sneakily put some on, but then get sent to the Head Teachers office to remove it (I went to a full uniform school) - and I have repurchased it time and time again. What can I say? It just works really well. The brush is small enough to get to the roots of all the lashes and you can either wear one coat or build, both looks great. If you want a full, sexy feline look, then I would suggest a couple of coats for more BAM!

2. Barry M Liquid Eyeliner in No.1 - This was my first Barry M purchase and, as it was so inexpensive, I was a little doubtful - silly me! - but fear not, it's a brilliant eyeliner. It has one of those little balls inside meaning you have to shake it up when you want to use it and it gets the liquid nice and runny then it will apply like a dream. The small pointy tip brush reminds me of a felt-tip pen and the hand is long enough to give you some leeway when applying. It goes on wet but dries very quickly so you shouldn't have to worry about smudging.

3. Maybelline Eye Studio 'Lasting Drama' Gel Eyeliner in 01 Intense Black - If liquid liners are not your thing then let me introduce you to it's sister, eyeliner gel. This stuff is gaining more popularity recently and seems to be coming "back into fashion" - even my mum told me that's what her and her girlfriends would wear to discos in the seventies - which is fabulous news. If I'm honest, I prefer the gel as I find I have less mistakes when applying and is earlier to build up with. Maybelline gives you a brush with this product, so for £5.99 you get two items of impressive quality. Even Lisa Eldridge was saying how impressed she was with the brush-head, it has quite a unique shape which allows you to do different styles. Of course when using eyeliners I always rely on having Q-Tips at the ready to correct any mistakes. I'll be the first to admit that when I started out using liner, I was diabolical! However, as they say, "practice makes perfect!"

4. Yves Rocher 'Luminelle' Mascara Ultra-Volume in Noir - This is a bit of a wildcard cosmetic. I got this from my mum who went on a massive haul from an Yves Rocher brochure that came to our house a few months ago. I had never heard much about this brand or their cosmetics but thought I'd give the mascara a go. I'm glad I did as this one is so precise when applied and gives a much bolder finish than my other mascaras. It has quite a fat brush which will help perfect that 'cat-eye' look you're going for. Honestly, it's probably one of the closest finishes that could be like having on false eyelashes. It's THAT GOOD! Probably not for a natural, daytime look though; but for a night on the town this is perfection in a tube! You will defiantly want to flutter your lashes at the guys when you have this look complete.





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...