Monday 3 December 2012

CHRISTMAS NAILS ESSENTIALS














































I recently picked up a few new nail polishes which will be great to wear coming up to Christmas. I haven't yet ventured out to the luxury brand nail polishes but am very happy with the quality of typical drugstore ones;

1. Sally Hansen Gem Crush Nail Colour in 04 Bling-tastic and 02 Cha-Ching - I didn't intend to buy these, however, I was at my pharmacy just about to purchase the Rimmel polish (below) and the sales girl practically dragged me over to have a look at these. She convinced me then and there to buy them and I'm happy she did! These are really beautiful to apply over your usual polish as a top-coat, I use them on top of colours that are in similar shades and they completely change the look of your polish. They are so shimmery and have a lot of sparkle which catch the light beautifully. There is a mixture of shimmer and small glitter pieces running throughout these polishes and the best thing about them, for me, is that they dry so quickly! They properly solidify your polish and are just perfect for this time of year. I will use the red one on Christmas day over my No.7 Nail polish in Devils Delight (I blogged about it here) These cost around £5.99 which is great value as you get a decent sized bottle, 9.17ml.


2. Rimmel Lasting Finish Nail Polish in 703 Pear Drop - I am a fan of Rimmel polishes. Actually, I think Rimmel as a brand have been doing fantastic lately with producing more and more great quality products. This was the polish I intended to buy before my sales girl forced me into other purchases, however, this worked perfectly with the Sally Hansen Bling-tastic and gives a really interesting overall finish. It is defiantly an eye catcher, which a lot of my friends commented about. On its own this colour is lovely, a nice turquoise-blue with slight shimmer in it, giving it a pearl-esqe finish. Overall, a nice polish. Priced at £2.99.















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...