Wednesday 5 December 2012

MINI DRUGSTORE SKINCARE HAUL



























The winter weather is taking its toll on my skin at the moment and I've been struggling with a bit of acne around my chin as well as dry, flakey lips. I have a feeling that it's some of my newer high-end skincare purchases which has done this, so I didn't want to spend a fortune trying to correct the problem.

1. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturiser - I picked this up on offer at Sainsburys for £2.99. I was surprised to see that it contains Salicylic Acid as usually that's found in more expensive lotions. I've already purchased my second tube of this as I've gone through so much of it! It is amazing! Containing some Menthyl, this leaves your face feeling so fresh and a bit tingly which I like. It's not too oily and dries in very quickly, however, I've needed to reapply it during the day but I actually enjoy putting this on. It seems to slowly be working at smoothing out my skin and has taken the redness out of my blemishes. I highly recommend this!

2. Soap & Glory 'Clean on Me' Creamy Clarifying Shower Gel - Costing £5.99, I've purchased this as it's received thousands of positive reviews online. I've literally just used this for this first time tonight and can confirm that it works wonders. I used about 5 pumps of this onto my loofah and it has left my skin extremely soft and the smell is just divine. This is perfect if you like to shower in the morning but don't necessarily like to moisturise your body afterwards (it can feel horrible putting clothes on straight after), it does two jobs in one.

3. Neutrogena Visably Clear Oil-Free Facial Wash - This contains the all-important Salicylic Acid as well, which works as an exfoliator by dissolving the dead skin cells/dirt from the surface of the skin. Again, this works perfectly well as a cleanser and if I've had a lot of makeup on during the day, I may use it twice as a double cleanse. Cheap and cheerful, this costs around £3.99 and is a good all round product.

4. Carmex Moisturising Lip Balm - I heard about this on one of the YouTube Beauty channels and it came highly recommended as it contains SALICYLIC ACID! (I'm clearly obsessed) This works better that any other lip balm and, at this time of the year, your lips deserve the best treatment possible. Due to that wonder ingredient, this will take care of any flakes on the lips and leave your lips moisturised and smooth - I've been using quite a large amount of this at nighttime right before I go to sleep and by morning, my lips feel wonderful.




























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...