Sunday 2 December 2012

NOVEMBER FAVOURITES 2012



























It seems everyone in the beauty-blogging-sphere has put up their 'November Favourites' today so I want to get mine out before the day's over! I have mainly eye makeup in this post as recently - as my application skills are getting better and better - I've been branching out and trying a few different items. Overall, these are my top picks of the month and some I will definitely be repurchasing;

1. Soap & Glory Thick and Fast Mascara in Super Jet Black - This has been the top of the beauty bloggers list for mascara choices for a while now. It gets rave reviews so I thought I would give it a try. I used the offer at Boots (buy one get the second half price) to buy this and it was £10.00, which is the top end of what I would be willing to spend on a drugstore mascara. Shockingly, this is the first Soap & Glory item I've ever bought! I have a LOT of catching up to do as, if this mascara is anything to go buy, then the quality of this brand is fantastic. This gives great, full lashes without any clumps and last all day. The packaging is perfect and quirky which is a bonus - I've decided to keep my mascara in the box as I like it so much to display. This is perfect for a Saturday night out if you don't want to wear false eyelashes; I will definitely be repurchasing.



























2. Nivea Extreme Resist 24h Macara in 02 Brown - Again, I did a little pound shop spree and noticed that some more beauty items have been stocked. I saw this hanging in a clear plastic bag and it was £1.00. I liked that it was brown (and cheap) so decided to give it go and I'm so thrilled with the results. I actually never knew Nivea did mascara or makeup, I always thought it was purely a skincare brand but now I will look into this more. This mascara has a thin, long applicator and when you apply it, it catches every single eyelash from the roots and coats them evenly. The colour means this is perfect for daytime - which is what I've been using for work recently - and it's waterproof which is great as, during winter months, my eyes can water from all the cold but this hasn't smudged one bit! I might pop back into the pound shop to get a few more before they become discontinued!

3. GOSH Long Lasting Brow Pen in 004 Wheat - I'm starting to pay particular attention to my brows now and wanted to try something other than a pencil. This is a thick, felt tip pen applicator and it works really well. It makes doing my brows nice and quick and I only use light, feathery stokes to put it on. It keeps its colour all day so you don't need to reapply! It cost me £6.00. Very impressed!



























4. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 001 Honey Douce - Another favourite amongst the beauty bloggers, this has been my mush-have lip product of the month. It goes on smooth and creamy and dries quickly, making the product stay in place for hours. There is a range of colours, from a bright orange to a nude but this colour is a perfect pink. It is sheer but easily build-able so you can adjust the intensity of the colour yourself. I think these are better than the Clinique alternatives and they are great value for money - about £5.50. I will defiantly try another couple of colours from the range. I'm only at the start of my Revlon lip products collection and plan on treating myself this Christmas by getting a few lipsticks as well.



























5. Maybelline Colour Tattoo 24 HR Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 65 Pink Gold and 35 On and on Bronze - MY NUMBER ONE PRODUCTS OF THE MONTH! I adore these products so much, I'm so happy I've discovered them. They are the inexpensive version of the MAC Paint pots but are far better, as they don't dry out as quickly. These go on like a dream and can easily be worn alone on the lids to give a great look. They also act as a base to apply powder shadows on top and I even use them as eyeliner for under the eyes (using a Q-tip). I have nothing but praise for these, they are affordable, about £3.99 (and you can use Boots or Superdrug offers of 3 for 2 to get even more), come in a range of beautiful colours and has a nice shimmer. I hope they make even more colours as I intend on getting them ALL! A bit extravagant but they are amazing. Definitely get these for the upcoming Christmas parties.




















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...